Re: any Emacs features to help keep code/comments under 80 columns width

From: ken
Subject: Re: any Emacs features to help keep code/comments under 80 columns width?
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 20:40:18 -0500 (EST)

Chris,

To get this when emacs loads, put the following in your .emacs:

(setq text-mode-hook 'turn-on-auto-fill)

As can be seen, that just sets it for text mode.  Do another for, say,
html-helper-mode:

(setq html-helper-mode-hook 'turn-on-auto-fill)

Personally, I turnaround at 78:

(setq-default fill-column 78)

Since versions seem to be more than normally critical, mine's 20.7.1.

hth,
ken

--
AMD crashes?  See http://cleveland.lug.net/~ken/amd-problem/.