Re: shell-mode autocompletion uglinesses

From: Romain FRANCOISE
Subject: Re: shell-mode autocompletion uglinesses
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 07:59:47 +0100

Felix E Klee writes:

>> And beware, completion of things (filenames, directories) containing
>> spaces won't work.

> This is not good.

It is being worked on.

> I guess I'll have to search for a minor mode for shell-mode that lets
> me use the completion mechanism in the current shell (eg. BASH) or
> application (eg. ncftp) running therein.

If an application has specific completion facilities, I use term-mode
to take advantage of them.  But you lose the added benefits of the
common interface that comint provides.

But if you find such a mode, please tell me.  :)

        Romain.

--
Romain FRANCOISE <romain@orebokech.com> | All of the planet's dead, so
it's a miracle -- http://orebokech.com/ | let me out of here.