Re: Software/HD ecology (was Re:...Bug in Emacs 21.3.50)

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: Re: Software/HD ecology (was Re:...Bug in Emacs 21.3.50)
Date: 11 Dec 2002 12:56:38 +0000

  Ajanta> Phillip Lord <p.lord@russet.org.uk> wrote:

  >> At the end of the day, Stefan's point, that hard drive space is
  >> not worth the effort saving it would entail, is true.

  Ajanta> I didn't get my point across. The problem is not of space
  Ajanta> but clutter.  If you see some trash thrown around somewhere,
  Ajanta> it is not necessarily occupying a large % of the space or
  Ajanta> volume. But it is still clutter, that would add up. However,
  Ajanta> I would concede that tolerance for or aversion to such
  Ajanta> things is probably a matter of personal taste.

Well this is a different issue. Clutter for me is a problem in user
space. I keep my home space relatively clean, because otherwise its
hard to use. I am rigorous about avoiding duplication of all sorts,
because otherwise I make mistakes.

In space managed my the machine (like for instance a make file
installed emacs), I couldn't care less about duplication, or
clutter. Computers don't get confused by clutter.

Phil