Re: Software/HD ecology

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Software/HD ecology
Date: 19 Dec 2002 23:16:27 +0900

... and also wrote in a different message:
> 2. To allow for source removal, "make install" should install an
>    uninstaller (like this: "make -n uninstall > uninstaller; install
>    uninstaller").

Those seem like pretty reasonable ideas; in more concrete form, perhaps
they could be added to the GNU programming standards or something.

E.g.:

  * What would the `/tmp/foo' file be called really?
    Something like `/usr/share/foo/files'?

  * What would the uninstaller program be called?
    [Presumably uninstall-PACKAGE]

-Miles
--
[|nurgle|]  ddt- demonic? so quake will have an evil kinda setting? one that
            will  make every christian in the world foamm at the mouth?