Re: address@hidden

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: address@hidden
Date: 13 Jan 2003 22:05:24 +0100

Barry Margolin <barmar@genuity.net> writes:

> In article <m3vg0wla2m.fsf@defun.localdomain>,
> Jesper Harder  <harder@myrealbox.com> wrote:
> >Kevin Rodgers <kevin.rodgers@ihs.com> writes:
> >
> >> Every message I post to gnu.emacs.help (via news.cis.dfn.de) now
> >> results in the attached message being mailed to me.  What else should
> >> I do?
> >
> >*Sigh*, crescentec.com is still broken -- this is getting annoying.
> >I've now started to report every auto-reply to <http://spamcop.net>.
> >
> >Maybe they'll be more motivated to fix their broken server when it gets
> >blacklisted.
>
> What's broken?  The bounce messages just say that the user doesn't
> exist.

The bounce message contain obvious junk complaint addresses (something
like $postmaster$@missing.domain), the postmaster at their site is a
black hole, and the bounce messages are not sent to the
From: address.  The message that gets sent is stripped of the relevant
headers that could help one determine who the complaint should have
been sent to in the first place.

> Can't it just be an obsolete entry in the mailing list that the
> newsgroup gateways to?  Shouldn't removing him from the list solve
> the problem?

Sure.  It is just that crescentec.com does its utmost to sabotage the
relevant information getting to the right party.