Re: accessing own info files

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: accessing own info files
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 18:14:41 +0100

Benjamin Riefenstahl <Benjamin.Riefenstahl@epost.de> writes:

> Yes, if I were a debian user, I would do that.  If they have reason to
> provide an alternative, incompatible program for installing info
> files, they should use a different name for it.

Well, Debian was there first.  So actually, GNU should have used
another name.

I guess the best we can hope for is for the two implementations to
provide similar features, so that they can be used interchangeably.
My current pet peeve with the Debian version is that it doesn't
create dir files automatically.  Anyone care to ask them to add that
feature?

It's difficult to convince the Debian maintainers that there is
another info directory besides /usr/share/info, and that the whole
world does not consist of Debian packages.
--
Ambibibentists unite!