Re: usability issue

From: Andrew
Subject: Re: usability issue
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 23:11:32 +1300

John Paul Wallington wrote:
Andrew <andrew@uberwald.discnet> wrote:

i just don't know how to find if I'm at the beginning of a line. Is
there a function; or does it need to be written specially?

See `bolp'.

for the sack of politness; heres my version of the functions (only line and buffer sorry) feel free to do whatever.

(defun beginning-of-line-or-buffer ()
  "Sends point to the beginning of the current line, or, if already there,
   the beginning of the buffer"
  (interactive)
  (if (bolp)
      (goto-char (point-min))
    (beginning-of-line)
    ))

(defun end-of-line-or-buffer ()
  "Sends point to the beginning of the current line, or, if already there,
   the beginning of the buffer"
  (interactive)
  (if (eolp)
      (goto-char (point-max))