Re: Scroll two buffers in unison

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Scroll two buffers in unison
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 23:25:08 +0300

> From: Glenn Morris <gmorris+news@ast.cam.ac.uk>
> Newsgroups: gnu.emacs.help
> Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 20:01:10 +0000
>
> > I went through M-x apropos <RET> scroll <RET> which produces a massive
> > list but still didn't notice a likely hit.
>
> No, it doesn't seem to be easily found. It's in the manual under
> Emacs -> Windows -> Window Convenience
> but maybe it should be in the scrolling section as well.

I just typed "i scroll TAB" in the Emacs Manual's *info* buffer, and
saw several possible completions, one of them "scrolling all windows",
and another one "scrolling windows together".  Choosing any one of
these leads to the description of scroll-all-mode.

This is in the CVS version of Emacs, so perhaps the released version
doesn't yet have those index entries.  However, the point I'd like to
drive home is that the moste efficient way of looking up something
quickly is the Info Mode's `i' command.