Re: Checking Process Status

From: CarlC
Subject: Re: Checking Process Status
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 22:03:16 GMT

"Kevin Rodgers" <kevin.rodgers@ihs.com> wrote in message
3E3F019E.8060308@ihs.com">news:3E3F019E.8060308@ihs.com...
> Then force M-x compile to run the command synchronously:
>
> (fmakunbound 'start-process)
>
> Note: This may have other, undesirable consequences.

This code has worked for me. To do away with the "undesirable consequences",
I make this temporary in the compile function:

(defadvice compile (before cobol-compile activate)
  "Set compile-command and make compile syncronous"
  (fset 'save-start-process (symbol-function 'start-process))
  (fmakunbound 'start-process))

(defadvice compile (after cobol-compile activate)
  "Process cobol error listing."
  (fset 'start-process 'save-start-process)

Thanks to all who helped me.