Re: eshell: Support old-style completion and cycling completion?

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: eshell: Support old-style completion and cycling completion?
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 12:38:00 -0700

> I think Kai's suggestion makes perfect sense.  After all, if the
> list of completions is long enough to span two screens, then you
> probably don't want to start cycling through them,

Pcomplete (which is what Eshell uses) will not cycle if the number of
completions exceeds `eshell-cmpl-cycle-cutoff-length'.

These fancy TAB behaviors sound very interesting.  I'm eager to hear
what you all decide upon.

As for me, I like TAB to cycle right away if the number of
completions is very small, and to pop up the Completions buffer if it
is large.

John