Re: Searching for command options in man pages (searching for a hyphen n

From: Alan Shutko
Subject: Re: Searching for command options in man pages (searching for a hyphen not represented by ASCII 2d)
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 19:22:51 GMT

jerry.nospam@theashergroup.com (Jerry Asher) writes:

> In Red Hat (8.0 but I am pretty sure in 7.x as well), in emacs 21.2
> hexl-mode shows the bolded hyphen is not ASCII 2D, but is represented
> by ASCII 92 (ex).

RHL 8 defaults to a UTF8, iirc.  So you'd have to enter the unicode
version of the hyphen... whichever it is that man outputs.  Gee,
thanks....

Here, we just changed /etc/sysconfig/i18n to be just en_US, not
en_US.UTF-8.

Looking for a developer in St. Louis? http://web.springies.com/~ats/
Parts of Texas look like Kansas with a goiter.