Re: Mail in Emacs

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: Re: Mail in Emacs
Date: 05 Mar 2003 14:19:49 +0000

  Johan> I am trying to get into using emacs to send and read e-mail
  Johan> but find it difficult to handle attachments. Is there
  Johan> somewhere a simple and clear description of how to handle
  Johan> attachments? For both emacs and xemacs.

  Johan> Perhaps a very simple question for many of you.

As you might expect there are several ways of doing this, and it
depends which email client you are using.

VM, and Gnus both handle attachments out of the box, as far as I know,
so it should be fairly obvious. RMAIL does not. I use the "etach"
package to do this, which is fairly minimal but does the job. google
should provide a URL....

Cheers

Phil