Re: Unable to use TAGS in xemacs

From: Ganesan Thiagarajan
Subject: Re: Unable to use TAGS in xemacs
Date: 13 Mar 2003 12:52:50 +0530

>>>>> "Stephen" == Stephen J Turnbull <stephen@xemacs.org> writes:

>>>>> "Ganesan" == Ganesan T <gana@ieee.org> writes:
 Ganesan> I am using Xemacs21.1 (patch 12) on Sun 0S. I am unable
 Ganesan> to use the tags file generated with the etags.

 Stephen> Make sure you're using the etags distributed with XEmacs.  I believe
 Stephen> that "Exuberant" ctags distributes an etags which doesn't produce the
 Stephen> same TAGS files as etags from Emacsen do.

Stephen:

Thanks for your response. I downloaded the C-code from the web for
etags and used it. Is it different from the emacs supplied one?
I also saw some etags.el in the web. Is it different ? How do
I find out which is the correct one?

Thanks for your time
gana