Re: tab and space

From: Benjamin Rutt
Subject: Re: tab and space
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 14:14:57 -0500

"cyrus" <cyrus@cyrus.com> writes:

> When I open an emacs created file in notepad I see more spaces for tab and
> regular space. How can I set these to be the same as what you'd see in
> notepad? I have looked at every variable and can't find out.

Try (setq-default indent-tabs-mode nil).  Then, your future
emacs-created files will use only spaces to indent, and there's no
issue of how another editors interprets a tab, since there shouldn't
be any TAB characters in your documents anymore.  Although I have no
idea why you'd ever want to use another editor. :)
--
Benjamin