Re: refill-mode disables spacebar?

From: Edward Dodge
Subject: Re: refill-mode disables spacebar?
Date: 01 Apr 2003 14:49:32 -0600

Michael Herman <michael-lists@thehermans.org> writes:

> On Sat, Mar 29, 2003 at 08:11:55PM -0600, Edward Dodge wrote:

> >If I edit within a paragraph that already has spaces, refill works
> >just fine and spaces are inserted correctly.  Any ideas out there?
>
> Try adding a LF before you type anything.  I have seen this before
> as well and a blank line below where I'm typing fixes it.

Wow.  That appears to work!  ^o before I start seems to "fix"
whatever is wrong.

I did some more testing by using different efill.el packages,  but I
think the problem is with the EMACS build.  For example:  an
efill.elc that works fine in a pre-compiled EMACS 21.1.30.3 exhibits
the same problem here in 21.3.50.1 from the CVS tree.

I know there's a CVS version from last October that doesn't interfere
with efill,  but I'm going to take Kai's advice and see if there
isn't something I can do with the efill.el file first.  Maybe slip a
(open-line 1) (undo 1) pair in there as a kludge.

--
Edward Dodge

/Confabulation Consulting/