Re: Default colors 'list-colors-display'

From: Alex Schroeder
Subject: Re: Default colors 'list-colors-display'
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 20:14:47 +0200

brian.auld@adic.com writes:

> I have gone cross-eyed the past day trying to find the answer to my
> question, but my efforts have not beared fruit. Hopefully someone can
> answer this for me.
>
> I'm trying to add/change colors to my
> list-colors-display'. Ultimately, I want to get rid of the color
> cyan', and replace it with something else, as 'cyan' is next to
> impossible to read against a white background.
>
> Specifically it is for color coding 'C'. All other colors in my
> list-colors-display' are used to highlight some part of the 'C' code,
> so if I simply change the face where cyan is used ('C' keywords) to
> another defined color, I will be duplicated its use with something
> else.
>
> I therefore want to add a color that will ultimately show up when I do
> a 'list-colors-display'. It appears that when I go into a M-x
> customize ... I can only change colors to something that is defined
> under 'list-colors-display'.
>
> Can someone point me to how I can add color definitions to my emacs.

I think you are mixing up some things.  When your C source is
hilighted, then so-called "faces" are used.  A face specifies size,
font-family, foreground-color, background-color, etc.  So it seems to
me that you need to run M-x list-faces-display, find the face whose
name starts with font-lock-..., remember its name, and then run M-x
customize-face to change it.

Alex.