NT Emacs Latin & cyrillic script

From: Ulrich Dirr
Subject: NT Emacs Latin & cyrillic script
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 19:19:35 +0200

Hi

I'm a beginner with emacs ...

I've downloaded a precompiled version of 21.2 and installed it.
Everything is working well, even auctex (on Win2k).

But I would like to input and display latin and cyrillic scripts
simultaneously. I've read a lot of docs but now I'm more confused than
before.

It should be possible to input cyrillic easily with my keyboard. It
should display correctly as cyrillic, and it should be possible to TeX
it (say T2A encoding). And I want to be able to switch to latin back.

Does the language/keyboard support which I've activated in Win2k help?
Or is this independent of emacs?

How can I achieve this? Is there a step-by-step guide somewhere?

Ulrich