x-pointer-shape

From: Simon Sirca
Subject: x-pointer-shape
Date: 15 Apr 2003 23:54:45 -0700

I have emacs-21.2-33 running on RH9, and I can not change the pointer
shape.  It seems to be totally random: first it's a cross, when one
exits another program (like xv, which has a fish-shaped cursor), and
then moves the mouse into the emacs window, one gets a fish in emacs.

Things like

(setq x-pointer-shape x-pointer-left-ptr)
(set-mouse-color "blue")

(or x-pointer-left-ptr substituted by an integer) do not seem to work.

Simon