Re: INFOPATH and emacs

From: Jeremy Gray
Subject: Re: INFOPATH and emacs
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 20:46:07 GMT

David Masterson <David.Masterson@synopsys.com> wrote:
> Jeremy Gray writes:
>
>> This appears to work, at least for me.
>
>> +             (if (string-match ":$" path)
>
> What if the INFOPATH include "::" in it?  In other words, what if he
> wanted to append to Info-default-directory-list rather than prepend to
> it?

You would have to set INFOPATH to the list of directories.  I just
implemented the ultimate colon behavior as it's documented for info
standalone.  So, any "::" parts of INFOPATH would be pruned (nil is not
a directory), with the ultimate colon behavior applicable if necessary.

Of course casing on "^:" or "::" could also be done.

> Also, I think Info-default-directory-list is deprecated in XEmacs.

Could be.  I exclusively use GNU emacs on unix-like machines.  So I tend
to say things like ":$" when I really mean (concat path-separator "$").
Or whatever.

--
Jeremy A. Gray
gray@metacomet.net

"Remember the Pueblo." -- the Fourth Law of Marvin