Re: Inserting standard blocks of text.

From: jason haslup
Subject: Re: Inserting standard blocks of text.
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 07:47:59 -0700

"Michael Solem" <msolem@linuxmail.org> writes:
> Is there a way to have a block of text that can be pasted in a file
> at any time (something that will not be overwritten when you do a
> Ctrl-k etc...).  I would like to put a standard header in fron of
> all my functions when I'm programming.  It will always be the

You could try tempo.el, it's a nice package that lets you get
interactive with standard blocks of text.

If you're using doxygen, I've found that doxymacs
(http://doxymacs.sf.net) is great for doing such insertions.  It uses
tempo.el and automatically finds your parameters and return values and
creates entries for them in the comment.  Fully customizable, of
course.

jason