A few simple questions

From: Wang Yin
Subject: A few simple questions
Date: 10 May 2003 13:18:04 +0800

Hi,

I have a few simple questions to ask about Emacs. They are so simple,
yet it seems that I can't find them in the manual and FAQ:

1. How can I do something like f command in vi? When I'm looking at a
   line, I want to move to a charater, say 'a'. How can I do something
   like "fa" in Emacs, and how to I repeat this command to go to
   following a's?

2. How do I move like "W" in vi. That is, move to the next white space
   delimited "Word"?

3. How do I change DOS lineend file into UNIX lineend file quickly? I
   don't like to C-x RET c ....-unix C-x C-f...!

--
Wang Yin
DA Lab, Tsinghua University,