Remap the underlying keyboard definitions

From: K T Ligesh
Subject: Remap the underlying keyboard definitions
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 07:25:59 +0530

On Tue, Jun 17, 2003 at 09:52:17PM +0200, Reiner Steib wrote:
>      On Tue, Jun 17 2003, Stefan Monnier wrote:

 Greetings,

 I am facing a peculiar problem...

 In my viper, <C-c> is mapped to switch from insert to vi mode...

 BUt <C-c> is the prefix key for all the major-modes... SO there is a deadlock..

 I want to redifine <C-d> to generate <C-c>; WHen I press <C-d>, -everyone-
will get <C-c>.

 A simple define-keying would mean that I have to remapp the hord of the
different modules... This way, I can make <C-d>.

 I guess, I have to go one step below define-key..

 And help would be greatly appreciated...

 Thanks in advance..

--
:: Ligesh :: http://ligesh.com :: http://lxlabs.com ::