Re: simple editor required

From: Paul Edwards
Subject: Re: simple editor required
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 22:55:08 GMT

"Kai Großjohann" <kai.grossjohann@gmx.net> wrote in message
84isqwlxf8.fsf@lucy.is.informatik.uni-duisburg.de">news:84isqwlxf8.fsf@lucy.is.informatik.uni-duisburg.de...
> "Paul Edwards" <kerravon@nosppaam.w3.to> writes:
>
> > This didn't work (had no effect), but am I meant to change the
> > binding of my RET or something like that?
>
> No, but you need to be in text mode.  Are you in text mode?

Yes.

> Use M-x debug-on-entry RET to find out if the pe-indent-relative
> indentation function is ever called.

Ok, will try.  But actually, I've thought of a better way of
abstracting it that will make it more useful.  If RET could
be newline-and-indent except when I am positioned at the
beginning of the line (in which case it should be newline
only) then that is what would be ideal.

Can you think of a way to do that?

Thanks.  Paul.