emacs and texshop as LaTeX editors together on mac os x

From: Emar Maier
Subject: emacs and texshop as LaTeX editors together on mac os x
Date: 30 Jun 2003 02:45:39 -0700

Hi list,
I use a finked (X11 on Mac OS X) emacs 21 with auctex as my default
LaTex editor. But I cannot properly read other people's and my own
TeXshop created .tex files. In Texshop and textedit and M$ Word the
files look ok, linebreaks and all, but in emacs most of the text
disappears under a "..." sign (looks like three dots, but if you
delete one, a line of text suddenl;y appears, very weird, have not
been able to find any posts about it though). If I copy and paste
around through various editors, I can get a file filled with ^M's
instead of linebreaks and ...'s (so I think an ugly solution might be
replacing ^M's with linebreaks (but how do you input a linebreak in
emacs?)
Hope someone can help, because I don't want to be stuck with TeXshop
since emacs+auctex is so much better.

 Emar