Re: AucTeX problems on Mac OSX

From: tristero
Subject: Re: AucTeX problems on Mac OSX
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2003 14:00:05 GMT

In article <pan.2003.07.04.12.26.19.677750@dzr-web.com>, D. D. Brierton wrote:
>> To get the right environment for Finder- (or Dock-) launched
>> applications, put the definitions in ~/.MacOSX/environment.plist.
>> [...]
>
> Which do you think is the better solution, the one you outline above, or
> simply customizing the value of exec-path in Emacs?

I need to configure ~/.MacOSX/environment.plist for other reasons
anyway, for instance X11.app (having /usr/X11R6/bin on PATH).  So for
me, that's the better solution, since it's more general.

Otoh if Emacs.app is the only Finder-launched app you ever expect to
use that needs specific environment variable settings, it's probably
simpler to set exec-path in .emacs.