Emacs on AIX, can't find terminal init

From: John Richardson
Subject: Emacs on AIX, can't find terminal init
Date: 23 Jul 2003 10:05:52 -0700

Sorry for the newbie question, but they just put emacs on our
development AIX machine here and when I start it, emacs comes back
with

emacs: Terminal type vt420 is not defined.

I see the file

/opt/freeware/share/emacs/21.3/lisp/term/vt420.el

and have dug thru some of the doc, but am having trouble telling emacs
to look for the init file in that location. I presume that's my
problem.

Our sys admin has got bigger fish to fry at the moment. What else is
new? lol.

Thanks, John