Re: GNU NTEmacs and X

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: GNU NTEmacs and X
Date: 28 Jul 2003 07:59:05 +0200

> From: "FRC" <frc--NoSpAm--@myrealbox.com>
> Newsgroups: gnu.emacs.help
> Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 20:28:47 +0200
>
> Is it possible to make GNU NTEmacs (21.3/winXP pro) use X (xfree86/cygwin,
> latest) ?

As Kai points out, the CVS version of Emacs supports a Cygwin build,
and that build uses the Cygwin port of XFree.

> My goal is to have only one Emacs install on my machine, use it under X most
> of the time (with KDE/xfree86/cygwin) BUT also be able to run Emacs without
> X (and not in a cmd.exe...) when I got to get out of KDE

You might find that these goals conflict with each other (in
particular, a Cygwin build might not work well outside the Cygwin
installation), but the only way to know is to try.

Good luck!