Re: Command to re-read current file?

From: kgold
Subject: Re: Command to re-read current file?
Date: 4 Aug 2003 18:23:40 GMT

Besides the other answers you've received, there is also autorevert
mode, which gets the new version continuously and automatically.  It's
great for viewing log files, debug traces, etc.

; auto revert (update buffer when file changes on disk)

(autoload 'auto-revert-mode "autorevert" nil t)
(autoload 'turn-on-auto-revert-mode "autorevert" nil nil)
(autoload 'global-auto-revert-mode "autorevert" nil t)
(global-auto-revert-mode 1)
(setq auto-revert-interval 2)

Ken Goldman   kgold@watson.ibm.com   914-784-7646