Re: Emacs 21 and M-x term

From: Lute Kamstra
Subject: Re: Emacs 21 and M-x term
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2003 21:10:39 +0200

Mark Plaksin <happy@usg.edu> writes:

> Is there a version of Emacs 21 in which M-x term does the right
> thing most of the time?
>
> I've tried many versions including 21.3.50.2 from CVS and they all
> have wacky problems.  For example, in 21.3.50.2 it won't use more
> than half of the window and ls output is not properly aligned.  It
> behaves this way with TERM set to both eterm and vt100.  I've tried
> starting emacs with -q and removing my shell's dot files just to
> make sure I'm not causing the problem.

We just fixed the problem of things not being properly aligned in CVS
Emacs.  I do not recognize your problem of term not using more than
half of the window.  Could you check out the latest CVS and see if the
problem still exist?  If so, could you read the bug reporting section
of the Emacs manual (C-h i d m Emacs RET m Bugs RET) and write a bug
report to emacs-pretest-bug@gnu.org?

Thanks,

  Lute.

--
(spook) => "AVN Verisign embassy"
(insert-file-contents "~/.signature") => (error "`~/.signature' too rude")