Re: Obtaining 21.3

From: Martin Jost
Subject: Re: Obtaining 21.3
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 13:19:03 +0200

<ray@nabuli.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.381.1063875673.21628.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org...
> On Thu, 18 Sep 2003, Florian Lindner wrote:
>
> > since 21.3 is not available on the GNU server for more than 2 months
> > now, is there trustworthy source where I can get Emacs 21.3?
> Oh, and by the way: Is it worth the trouble to upgrade from 21.2.1?

Since it has been probably removed for a reason, the answer is probably: NO.

I stepped back from 21.3. to 21.2. after massive problems with emacs-hangs
after killing emacs-buffers.
Usually emacs hung some three times a day..... (on HPUX 10.20, compiled with
HP-tools)
So I stepped back to 21.2 which doesn't show the problem.

Could some knowledgeable person shed some light on the reasons for the removal
of 21.3. from the ftp-servers ?

Martin