Re: Undo

From: John Russell
Subject: Re: Undo
Date: 26 Sep 2003 14:38:10 -0400

bhiker@free.fr writes:

> Sorry for this newbie's question about undo.
>
> I do not succeed to undo characters with emacs 21.3 under console.
>
> Here is what I get:
>
> * Under X, it may work:
> C-_ is binded to the undo function (as returned by C-h c C-_) and works fine.
> Besides it, at first try, M-x undo removes one character.
> This character will appear again with the following M-x undo.
>
> * Under a console text-based environment:
> C-_ is binded to DEL
>
> M-x undo behaves like under X: one character is deleted at the first try and
> will appear again at the second try.
>
> So, how may I bind C-_ to the undo function for the console environment?
> Thanks!

I would love to answer your question, but so many other things you
said  baffled me that I don't think I can.  When I do C-_ on emacs
21.3.1 I get many many many levels of undo. It keeps going back
seemingly forever.  This also works in the console with no
modifications whatsoever.

The problem is, I'm not even sure what a person could do if the wanted
to do what you are describing.  Do you have something strange in your
.emacs file?

John