Re: directory tree

From: Klaus Berndl
Subject: Re: directory tree
Date: 10 Oct 2003 11:37:53 +0200

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003, Noufal Ibrahim wrote:

>  jan <janmar@iprimus.com.au> writes:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I can't seem to get used to using dired so I'm looking for a file
> > manager with a tree view. Does anyone know of one?
>
>  [...]
>
>  The basic M-x speedbar gives you a directory tree. It's not a file
>  manager by default but I imagine it could be converted into one.

Or you can try ECB (Emacs Code browser) which offers probably that what is
known as directory tree... but of course this is always a matter of taste.
speedbar works as well as ECB - see which one you like more...

See ECB at http://ecb.sourceforge.net/ and here the screenshot section to see
if this is a directory-tree you want...if yes, then will be probably even more
enthused ;-) if you see the next forthcoming ECB version which will have real
graphical tree-views as known from other applications or IDEs - at least for
GNU Emacs.

Ciao,
Klaus

--