Enhanced Carbon Emacs' LaTeX abilities in XEmacs (and AUCtex loading pro

From: Gian Uberto Lauri
Subject: Enhanced Carbon Emacs' LaTeX abilities in XEmacs (and AUCtex loading problem)
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 14:26:16 +0200

HD> Hello,
HD> I'm new here, so I hope you don't bite if I mention XEmacs ...

HD> On the iBook of my sister I had the pleasure to have a wonderfully
HD> preconfigured Emacs for LaTeX.
HD> But back on my linux box, this is no more, but I read, that it should be
HD> possible to "enhance"  XEmacs too.

HD> I added

HD> (setq load-path (cons "~/.xemacs/site-lisp" load-path))
HD> (require 'site-start)

Heresy! It's not the True One Editor (just kidding)!

In  XEmacs like  in  Emacs you  should  tell somewhere  Emacs to  load
automatically  a certain  mode for  a certain  type (better:  name) of
file.

Something like this:

(autoload 'latex-mode "latex-mode" "LaTeX Mode" t)

Then some other code to turn on LaTeX automatically:

(setq auto-mode-alist
      (cons '("\\.tex$" . latex-mode) auto-mode-alist))

;; This adds the association between latex-mode and the files ending by .tex to
;; the lists of mode to be turned out automatically.

  //--\ | | \|  |   Integralista GNUslamico e fancazzista
\/