How to define a fontset with italic and bold fonts

From: It's me FKtPp ;)
Subject: How to define a fontset with italic and bold fonts
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 21:13:59 +0800

Hi Group:

  I defined a fontset to make the Emacs buffer looks better. and days
  ago I switch to "xtt", after that I got bold and italic font in
  emacs' buffers. But it's really *ugly* than the regular fonts.

  I Checked info for that. but it says:
   Bold, italic, and bold-italic variants of the standard fontset are
created automatically.  Their names have `bold' instead of `medium', or
`i' instead of `r', or both.

  My problem is:
  When it display bold and italic fonts, It use font which are not
  included in my predefined fontset. what can I do now ??