Re: Tramp login failure on Mac OS X

From: Kai Grossjohann
Subject: Re: Tramp login failure on Mac OS X
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 21:24:48 +0000

>> (defadvice tramp-maybe-open-connection
>>   (around set-process-connection-type)
>>   "Set process-connection-type to pty."
>>   (let ((process-connection-type 'pty))
>>     ad-do-it))
>
> Please report it as a bug in Tramp: it should not depend on the default
> value of process-connection-type.

I vaguely recall that this came up before.  Hmmmm...  I think there
are circumstances where it is bad to frob process-connection-type.  I
don't have time at the moment to grep the mailing list archives :-|

But introducing a variable tramp-process-connection-type could be
useful.

What do people think?

Kai