How to test if a directory is under version control ?

From: François Fleuret
Subject: How to test if a directory is under version control ?
Date: 05 Nov 2003 13:11:59 +0100

Hi people,

I am trying to write a simple function that would alert me when I edit
a file which is not under version-control, while the directory is.

To test if the file is under VC, I found vc-registered. For the
directory, if I do not find a more elegant way, I will end up looking
for a 'CVS' directory at the file's location, as I use CVS. But I
thought that there may be better solution ...

Any advice ?

Thanks in advance,

FF