RMAIL and SSL?

From: Stephen H. Westin
Subject: RMAIL and SSL?
Date: 05 Nov 2003 13:45:17 -0500

For the last 15 years or so, I've used RMAIL to read mail on a variety
of machines: Symbolics, Sun, SGI, HP, Mac, Windows. Now our systems
staff says they want to eliminate all cleartext passwords going over
our network, so they will soon require all POP/IMAP connections to go
through SSL.

So is there a way to use RMAIL/POP through SSL? Is code available?
Will I be forced to switch to GNUS or VM? If so, which will be the
least disruptive migration? I would like to keep using POP3 for the
moment if I can, as I'm using POPFile as a spam filter.

--
-Stephen H. Westin