Re: emacs vs vs.net

From: Vagn Johansen
Subject: Re: emacs vs vs.net
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 19:20:29 +0100

Per Abrahamsen <abraham@dina.kvl.dk> writes:

> Vagn Johansen <gonz808@hotmail.com> writes:
>
>> That should have been "Gnus does NOT support searching in multiple groups."
>
> nnvirtual, nnkiboze
>
> Not that I have ever gotten nnkiboze to work, but I use nnvirtual
> every day.

They kinda work, but in a painful way.

nnvirtual seems to require a summary buffer with *all* emails to work.  I
tried with address "^nnml:" (1000 mails in total). I have to do C-u RET
in the group buffer to get M-s to work (is there another way?). Obviously
this does not scale. Is it possible to get a summary buffer with just the
matches?

nnkiboze can generate a summary with just the "matches" but it has
cumbersome UI for creating the group. The manual says you have to run M-x
nnkiboze-generate-groups after creating the group. This started a lengthy
"nntp get ...k" operation even though my address was "^nnml:" (bug?). I
used C-g, but the summary buffer had the correct matches anyway.