Re: just comments fontified in latex mode?

From: Joe Corneli
Subject: Re: just comments fontified in latex mode?
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 10:42:28 -0600

> Try running emacs with:

> $ emacs -q

> Now M-x load-file RET .emacs (or the path to your .emacs) RET

> If things aren't messed up anymore it means your sysadmin has
> something in the site .emacs (I forget the technical term) and it's
> causing the problem.

And if things still are messed up? :)

If this is a clue, even though I can get comments to appear in red in
a LaTeX file, I have to turn on font-lock-mode manually to get them
to appear.  (Which of course wasn't the case before.)

By the way, just to check, I loaded the *exact* same .emacs as I was
running on the broken laptop, and no improvement. Still have nice
colors in e.g. mail-mode, emacs-lisp-mode, etc.  But not in any latex
files.

Also note, same behavior is seen when I run font-lock-mode from emacs
-q in a latex buffer (though a different color is used for comments).
I was pretty sure that the default behavior of font-lock-mode was more
complicated than this.

Joe