Re: Removing outline mode menus

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Removing outline mode menus
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 23:38:10 GMT

> I have just started using outline mode for Python and Latex and once I
> figured how to set it up it works great. However I would like outline
> mode not to add menus to the menu bar as I only use some keybindings to
> open and close folds. Is this possible ?

You can do something like

(define-key outline-mode-menu-bar-map [headings] nil)
(define-key outline-mode-menu-bar-map [show] nil)
(define-key outline-mode-menu-bar-map [hide] nil)

But make sure this is run after outline.el is loaded.
Or you can just do

(setq outline-mode-menu-bar-map (make-sparse-keymap))

before outline.el is loaded.  In Emacs-CVS, those three menus have been
collapsed (in the outline-minor-mode only) into one called "Outline" since
the use of three menus for a single minor mode seemed way out of line to me.

        Stefan