Re: keyboard problem

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: keyboard problem
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 09:36:57 -0700

Pieter Laeremans wrote:

I can 't tell.  It 's on a computer of a friend of mine. I didn't see
it myself.  But she told me that c-@ did work. I know about
transient-mark-mode but that isn't the problem.

Maybe it has to do something with the window manager.

But still to test I would like to bind c-spc to something else.

and I would like to know how to it so that it works under X.

This is odd because generally people have the opposite problem: typing
`C-SPC' works fine under a window system, but in a terminal (or terminal
emulator within a window system) they have to resort to `C-@'.

Does the problem occur when your friend starts Emacs with no local
customizations (emacs -q --no-site-file)?  What happens when she types
`C-h k C-SPC', then `C-h l' in both environments (i.e. with and without
the -nw command line option)?

--
Kevin Rodgers