Re: How do I check the latest version of Emacs out of CVS?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: How do I check the latest version of Emacs out of CVS?
Date: 26 Nov 2003 13:58:46 +0200

> From: mail@vrtprj.com (Rainer Volz)
> Newsgroups: gnu.emacs.help
> Date: 26 Nov 2003 02:09:55 -0800
>
> I had a  problem with SMTP AUTH too and followed the link
> http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/emacs/emacs/lisp/mail/smtpmail.el?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup
>  from Simon Josefssons page
> (http://josefsson.org/emacs-smtp-starttls.html). It leads directly to
> smtpmail.el.Much simpler.

Much simpler, but also more risky: the CVS version of smtpmail.el
might need updated versions of other files and might use extensions
and enhancements outside itself.

But if you are sure that in this particular case, there's no such
dependencies, then fetching smtpmail.el alone is indeed much simpler.