modeline + appointment font color

From: Kester Clegg
Subject: modeline + appointment font color
Date: 26 Nov 2003 13:51:57 +0000

My modeline warns me when I have an appointment.  It says things like:

..   1:49 PM Wednesday 26 Nov App't in 11 min.   (Message MML ... etc)

Is there any way of changing the colour of the appt-mode-string that
appears in the modeline, so I actually notice it?

Kester Clegg                            Dept. of Computer Science,
Research Assistant (UTC)                University of York,
Tel (01904) 43 27 49                    email: kester at cs.york.ac.uk