Re: write your own emacs mode

From: Joerg Schuster
Subject: Re: write your own emacs mode
Date: 16 Dec 2003 14:06:05 +0100

Jesper Harder <harder@myrealbox.com> writes:

> I'm not quite sure about what you intend to do.  But I'll recommend
> the very handy tool `M-x re-builder' for crafting some suitable
> regexps.

Thanks a lot. It turned out that my problems had a really trivial
reason: I wasn't aware of some differences between Emacs regexps and
other regexps. I had often used those parts of Emacs regexps that are
like python or perl regexps before and so it didn't occur to me that
this could be the point.

> (modify-syntax-entry ...) is a function call, not a function.  You
> can use something like:
>
>     '((lambda () (modify-syntax-entry ?\" "w")))

I see. Thanks.