Re: How to switch aspell dictionaries?

From: Harald Maier
Subject: Re: How to switch aspell dictionaries?
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2004 08:35:07 +0100

Leif Warland <leif.warland@sintef.no> writes:

> Harald Maier <harald@maierh.de> writes:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> does anybody know how to switch aspell dictionaries (English, German)
>> inside emacs if emacs is configured to use aspell?
>
> ispell-change-dictionary

I know 'ispell-change-dictionary' and in the context of ispell this
command works very well. But I don't know how to specifiy the aspell
dictionary name. It looks also that the dictionary names that are
listed by ispell-change-dictionary are only valid for ispell. So I
assume that this needs further customizing.

My system is configured as follow:

  SuSE 9.0/de_DE@euro

The default dictionary is German and this works very fine. But how
will I customize the ispell variables so that aspell will find the
English dictionary?

Harald