getting the "real" command in the `pre-command-hook'?!

From: Klaus Berndl
Subject: getting the "real" command in the `pre-command-hook'?!
Date: 29 Jan 2004 09:53:14 +0100

Hi,

Regardless which interactive command XXX i call via M-x XXX RET i always get
`minibuffer-complete-and-exit' as content of `this-command' in the
`pre-command-hook' direct before running XXX.

Sure, this is not against the documentation of `this-command' but now I'm
wondering how can i get the name "XXX" in the `pre-command-hook' direct before
XXX runs? Seems that `this-command' is not what i need ;-)

With other words: I need the symbol-name of the current running command in the
`pre-command-hook' and i need the REAL command not the
minibuffer-exiting-command!

Thanks a lot in advance for any help,
Klaus

--