Shell completion, again

From: Jim Campbell
Subject: Shell completion, again
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 00:56:14 GMT

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I was unable to piece
together a coherent solution from Google and whatnot...

I have a situation where I am remotely logged in (using rlogin.el) to
several machines, each of which has a unique directory structure.
The emacs filename completion does not work in this situation
because the directory structures don't match.

For reasons that I don't want to go into right now, I prefer not to use
eshell.  I think what I want to do is to use the shell on the remote
machine (tcsh) to do that machine's completion.  How?