italian characters

From: Guldo K
Subject: italian characters
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 16:08:41 GMT

Hello.
I noticed this strange thing...
I use to insert italian accented characters
by means of the italian-postfix input method;
as I kill the buffer and visit the file back again,
those stressed letters look different, compared
to newly entered ones.
The main problem of this is that they're not
searchable any more; if I search (C-s) for some
accented letters, I find none, though they're still
there.
On a Unix shell, all these letters look the same
(properly), and no such differences can be seen.
I tried both iso-8859-1 and iso-8859-15 codings,
with no luck.

What's this about?

Thanks,

*Guldo*