Re: x-get-selection: Timed out waiting for reply from selection owner

From: Jesper Harder
Subject: Re: x-get-selection: Timed out waiting for reply from selection owner
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 02:24:58 +0200

David Hansen <usenetjunk.nospam@gmx.net> writes:

> On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 03:51:22 +0200 Jesper Harder wrote:
>
>> I a get "Timed out waiting for reply from selection owner" when I try
>> to yank a certain selection from a foreign application to an Emacs
>> buffer.
>
>> can someone suggest another application able to do the job?
>
> Tried xclipboard?  This should be the "reference" application for
> handling xselections.

xclipboard is also too impatient.  The conversion takes ~10 minutes,
so it's understandable that both Emacs and xclipboard assume that it
has timed out.

Aha, now I found a solution mentioned in X(7x), -selectionTimeout.  It
works for xedit, at least:

  xedit -selectionTimeout 300000

--
Jesper Harder                                <http://purl.org/harder/>