Emacs crashing on Windows XP

From: StewDog
Subject: Emacs crashing on Windows XP
Date: 29 Apr 2004 12:49:25 -0700

Hi I have just moved to a new machine which has XP rather than Win2K
on it. I installed my old version which worked fine. I then installed
more software and Emacs started crashing at startup, displaying only
an XP dialog, nothing else. I downladed 21.3 from the GNU site and
that seemed to fix the problem, until I next rebooted the box and the
problem was back.

Anyone seen this before and got any fixes ? I really need Emacs
working on this box - I can't even contemplate going to a different
editor.

Am trying a different Emacs build right now.

Thanks in advance

Stew